Salus Global is pleased to announce the appointment of Dr. Lisa Calder, CEO of the CMPA, to the Salus Global’s Board of Directors.
Dr. Calder is an award-winning emergency physician, researcher, and teacher, who completed her Medical Degree at the University of Western Ontario and completed her MSc in Epidemiology at the University of Ottawa. She pursued her passion for patient safety by completing two fellowships in Patient Safety. Lisa began working for the CMPA in 2015 as the Director of Medical Care Analytics and became the CEO of the CMPA in August of 2020.
Dr. Calder joins the Board after the retirement of Dr. Douglas Bell. Doug was previously the acting CEO of the CMPA and a highly valued member of Salus Global’s Board. While his contributions will be greatly missed, Salus Global is excited to gain Lisa’s tr
emendous insight and expertise.
Current Board Chair, Dr. Jennifer Blake, the CEO of the SOGC, commented on the new appointment,
“On behalf of Salus Global’s Board of Directors, we want to thank and recognize Dr. Bell for his valuable contributions. I know he joins us in welcoming Dr. Calder in the vacated position. Lisa’s role with the CMPA coupled with her commitment to patient safety makes her an invaluable asset to the Board.”
Salus Global’s President and CEO, Malcolm Eade, added,
“Salus Global’s Board of Directors play an important role in providing strategic guidance and support to the organization. I join Board Chair, Dr. Jennifer Blake in expressing my gratitude to Dr. Douglas Bell and welcoming Dr. Lisa Calder to the Board. This appointment supports our shared efforts and vision of making Canada the best place in the world to give and receive healthcare.”
Here is a complete list of The Salus Global 2021 Board of Directors:
- Dr. Jenny Blake: CEO, SOGC (Salus Global’s Board Chair)
- Dr. Amanda Black: OBGYN and Professor, Division of General Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Dr. Lisa Calder: CEO, CMPA
- Dr. Jean-Joseph Condé: Family Physician; CMPA Council Representative
- Ms. Catherine Gaulton: CEO, HIROC
- Ms. Wendy Nicklin: President (Board Chair), ISQua
- Dr. Helen Scott: Professor, Epidemiology at U of T; Special Advisor for the W.H.O.
- Mr. Richard Wilson: CPA; President (Board Chair), Pembroke Hospital